In these Terms and Conditions of Carriage (called Conditions) www.air2there.com Ltd is called air2there.com. These Conditions apply to all carriage of scheduled service passengers and baggage by air2there.com and are to be read in conjunction
with and subject to the provisions of all applicable laws, including the limitations of liability in the Carriage by Air Act 1967 and the Carriage
of Goods Act 1979.
air2there.com may from time to time give notice or set other terms and conditions relating to specified carriage or requirements. All such Rules shall apply equally as these Conditions as though fully set out here. air2there.com may vary or amend any Rules from time to time. Where there is any conflict between these Conditions and any Rules, these Conditions shall apply.
CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE
All carriage of passengers and baggage shall be performed to a Contract of Carriage between air2there.com and the passenger. This Contract of Carriage shall be in such form as air2there.com may determine, including multipass products. All Contracts of Carriage shall be subject to Rules relating to such matters as terms of issue, period of validity, requirements for payment, fare structures, check-in requirements, carriage of children, and otherwise as air2there.com may determine. A booking for any carriage is not effective unless a Contract of Carriage has been entered into. A booking is not a Contract of Carriage. While air2there.com will endeavour to accommodate all passengers, a Contract of Carriage is not a guarantee of a seat on a particular flight or any particular aircraft or timely or other performance of any carriage. All Contracts of Carriage are specifically
subject to the provisions detailed under the section in Routes and Schedules.
These Conditions apply also to gratuitous carriage except as may otherwise
be set out in any Rules. All Contracts of Carriage are subject to all the
provisions of these Conditions.
Passengers must be checked in 30 minutes prior to departure
time to ensure timely service. The booking may be cancelled if a passenger fails to arrive at the
air2there.com check-in location later than 30 minutes prior to scheduled
flight departure with forfeiture of payment. Travel with
air2there.com is ticketless. Every booking is automatically allocated a
unique reference number usable for booking confirmation. A booking confirmation
is available on request. At check-in simply present to the check-in counter with baggage and state your name. With the exception of unaccompanied minors, no forms are required at the airport, but personal
identification may be requested.
Baggage means baggage carried on or in conjunction
with the passenger’s flight. All carriage of Baggage is subject to these
conditions and to rules setting out separate terms and conditions relating
to baggage. air2there.com may refuse to carry any passenger or baggage
where these conditions or any rules relating to baggage are not complied
with. air2there.com may take all reasonable steps to ensure compliance.
All carriage of goods not being baggage as defined herein shall be subject
to similar conditions and to any rules determined by air2there.com or other
agreements made from time to time.
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE AND GUIDELINES
Each fare-paying passenger has a 15kg normal dimension baggage allowance, this is inclusive of all baggage stowed and carried on. We will carry up to 20kgs without extra charge but cannot guarantee this due to capacity constraints. An 25kg allowance is made for passengers who have selected the Flexifare option.
Passengers travelling together and on the same booking reference number
may combine their baggage entitlement provided no individual item weight exceeds 30kg. Baggage in excess of the normal allowance may be carried if space and load capacity permit. Excess baggage
will be subject to a $3 per kilogram surcharge. Baggage is, where possible, carried on the same flight as the passenger. However, where this is impractical it may be carried on the next available flight. Passengers are limited to one item of carry-on baggage that is included as part of the baggage allowance but the item must weigh less than 5kg and capable of being stored under the passenger’s seat. air2there.com may refuse
carriage to any baggage that in its view is unsuitable for carriage for
any reason. Valuable or fragile items are carried solely at the passenger’s
risk unless these are first identified and air2there.com has accepted them
in writing for carriage. Handling and re-insurance charges may apply. These
items include: cash, negotiable bonds and similar items; items of a fragile
or breakable nature; electrical items or components; jewellery, antiques
or other valuable items and any items with insufficient packaging or protection.
Claims for immediately identifiable baggage damage or loss must be reported
to the handling agent prior to the passenger leaving the airport. All damage
not immediately identifiable must be reported to air2there.com on discovery
and within 24 hours of travel. Commercial goods and samples and tools of
trade are not generally considered passenger baggage and may be transported
as freight on other flights or by other means to the destination at the
passenger’s cost. Large items of baggage such as bicycles and surfboards
may be carried for an additional fee and may be carried on a different
flight. Further information on baggage allowances and restrictions is available
at the airport.
Dangerous goods may not be carried. A list of common dangerous goods
is displayed at airport terminals and further information is available
on request. Passengers are requested to clarify any doubtful items prior
to check-in. Common examples are: knives, scissors, compressed gases (some
common camping equipment); flammable liquids and solids (strike-anywhere
matches, lighter and heater fluids, flammable aerosols); firearms (may
only be carried with approval as checked luggage); and poisons (not including
medical prescriptions). Further information on dangerous goods is available
at the airport.
Fares apply only for carriage from the airport at point of departure
to the airport at point of destination. All fares must be paid for prior
to departure. The passenger must also pay any other charges that may be
applicable or required including any airport departure fees, other taxes
or charges, baggage surcharge, or otherwise. Terms and conditions of different
fare classes may be set out in Rules determined by air2there.com from time
to time. Unless otherwise set out in such Rules, fares shall be non-refundable.
Applicable fares at any time shall be as published or advised by air2there.com.
All fares are quoted in New Zealand Dollars and include Goods and Services
Tax (GST). air2there.com fare types are Premium, Standard, Go and Multipass.
From time to time special fares may also be introduced for a limited period
on selected flights.
CREDIT CARD MERCHANT CHARGES:
air2there.com may recover a proportion of merchant charges for credit card use.
MULTIPASS FARE CONDITIONS
1. Fare levels available under these conditions may vary from flight to flight, over the booking time for a flight and may not be available on all flights.
2. Bookings may be made up to one hour prior to flight departure.
3. Cancellation may be self completed online up to 24 hours before flight departure.
4. Cancellation may be made by telephone during service hours 9am until 5pm daily up to 48 hours prior to the flight departure.
4. A one-way journey is defined as travel for one person made with a single booking which may involve single or multiple sectors in one direction.
5. Bookings will be forfeited if the passenger does not check in for a booked flight as per the General Conditions.
STANDARD FARE CONDITIONS
1. Liability for payment occurs at booking.
2. Fares for some airports may have departure levies and, or, other airport surcharges added from time to time without notice.
3. Cancellation may be self completed online up to 24 hours before flight departure at a cost of $20 and the credit is held for 6 months from date of cancellation for future use by the customer.
4. Cancellation may be made by telephone during service hours 9am until 5pm daily up to 24 hours prior to the flight departure at a cost of $35 and the credit is held for 6 months from date of cancellation for future use by the customer.
1. This is to be read in conjunction with the standard and multipass fare conditions.
2. Cancellation must be completed online up to 2 hours before flight departure and the credit is held for 6 months from date of cancellation for future use by the customer.
3. Cancellation may be made by telephone during service hours 9am until 5pm daily up to 2 hours prior to the flight departure and the credit is held for 6 months from date of cancellation for future use by the customer.
4. The baggage allowance is increased to 25kg
"GO" DISCOUNTED FARE CONDITIONS
1. Go fares are special concession fares.
2. Liability for payment occurs at booking.
3. Go fares are not transferable.
4. Fares for some airports may have departure levies and, or, other
airport surcharges added from time to time without notice.
5 Go fare passengers will be entitled to a refund only if the flight is cancelled by the airline:
6 Go fare booking flight cancellation may occur without notice.
Entertainment Guide Discount Vouchers
1. Discount applies only to standard fares on air2there flights and intended usage must be flagged at the time of booking by phone or note on booking.
2. Discount may not be applied to flight bookings for the period 20th December to 20th January.
One Day Paraparaumu Rental Car Offer
1. Offer applies only to standard return fares on air2there flights and intended usage must be flagged at the time of booking by phone or note on your booking.
2. Car availability at Paraparaumu should be checked prior to committing booking as all cars might be booked.
3. Method - Make your flight booking as normal then quote the reference number when confirming the rental car on phone extension 880, its important that you make this call to match flight date with car requirement. Your basic car hire first day will be credited back to the credit card which was used to make the flight booking.
4. Extras such as upgrades to larger cars, vans, and insurance excess will be at your cost.
ROUTES AND SCHEDULES
Carriage will be performed on such routes and in accordance with such
schedules as air2there.com may from time to time determine or publish.
air2there.com may vary such schedules or cancel any flights at any time.
air2there.com will use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage
in accordance with the contract of carriage. However performance is not
guaranteed and the schedules and the times of any carriage are subject
to change at any time without notice. In particular, air2there.com cannot
guarantee the timely performance of any carriage where there is:
1. any fault or neglect of a passenger
2. any operational, maintenance, weather, or emergency requirements
affecting the aircraft
3. force majeure or any matter outside air2there.com’s control.
air2there.com may offload or decline to carry any passenger or baggage
should weight limitations or seating capacity require this. air2there.com
reserves the right without notice to substitute alternate carriers, aircraft
or other vehicle for any carriage. Timetables shown are subject to change
AIR TRAVEL TO OR FROM WELLINGTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
In the event of Wellington airport being closed due to fog or other
weather conditions air2there.com will endeavour operate the flight to the same timetable
from Paraparaumu airport as an alternative airport. It will be the passenger's
responsibility to ensure that they make their own way to and report at the
Paraparaumu airport air2there terminal at the reporting time which is noted on their reservation
for Wellington airport. If any doubt exists as to whether Wellington Flights are
being operated from Paraparaumu airport as an alternative the passenger should call
the booking number 0800 777 000.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Travel for unaccompanied children, incapacitated persons,
pregnant women, persons with illness, or other people requiring special
assistance, is subject to prior satisfactory arrangement with air2there.com
at the time of booking. Passengers with mobility problems or in wheelchairs
can be accepted for carriage only after discussion with an air2there.com
sales consultant and that airline management is satisfied that the arrangements
are sufficient to ensure the safety of all passengers and crew. Wherever
possible appropriate arrangements will be made for the passengers to be
assisted on and off the aircraft. Passengers requiring special care and
assistance during a journey should travel with a companion who can provide this. air2there.com staff are unable to meet individual special needs.
CONTROL OF FLIGHTS
air2there.com has full authority and control in respect of the operational
and safety aspects of all flights and may change the flight details, decline
carriage to any passenger, or make any other decision in relation to a
flight as it may consider appropriate. This authority and control may be
exercised by a duly authorised officer of air2there.com, or the captain
of the aircraft.
OBLIGATIONS WHERE CARRIAGE CANNOT BE PERFORMED OR COMPLETED
Where air2there.com is unable to commence or continue any flight or
carry any contracted passenger it will endeavour to provide alternative
carriage to the same value as the fare paid.
If alternative carriage is not possible the passenger may re-book
with air2there.com or receive a refund. A passenger who is refused carriage
may receive a refund for such part of the carriage as may be applicable.
air2there.com has no obligation to a passenger who is late for, or misses
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
air2there.com has no obligation or liability to any passenger for any
unperformed or delayed carriage except as set out in these Conditions.
In particular air2there.com has no liability for any missed connections
or appointments or for any consequential or other loss. This limitation
of liability extends to air2there.com’s agents, officers, servants and
CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT
These Conditions are subject to the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees
Act 1993 where they are applicable. Where any passenger undertakes carriage for the purposes of a business the
provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply.
NO WAIVER OF CONDITIONS
No agent, representative, or employee of air2there.com is authorised
to waive the application of any of these Conditions or of any Rules.
Infants aged 7 days to 24 months may travel free of charge with air2there.com when accompanied by an
adult passenger but will form part of the adult passenger's 15kg baggage allowance. Infants travelling free of charge are not allocated a seat. If a seat is required normal fare will apply to the travel. All infants
must be more than 7 days old to travel with air2there.com.
NEW ZEALAND LAWS
These Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in all respects
in accordance with New Zealand law and subject to the jurisdiction of the
New Zealand courts.